Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review: eleanor & park

Tittle: eleanor & park
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Year: 2013

Summary on Goodreads: Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits--smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you'll remember your own first love--and just how hard it pulled you under. 

My Thoughts: I first heard about this book on Youtube and I didn't hear too much other than it was a realistic love story. I didn't want to look too much into it so I just picked it up and gave it a try. To be honest I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. Correction...I LOVED it!!!

Let's start with the characters, I absolutely loved the characters. Eleanor and Park are so magnificently crafted. They are not your perfect gorgeous teens or your "nerdy" chic ones either. They are real people. I was so happy to see a female character who was real and raw. Eleanor doesn't have much money and her appearance reflects that. She is also described as being a little overweight. Park is the only Korean around and he has a punk look to him. They both don't fit in to the standards of beauty everyone around them seems to have. Yet they see something in each other that is so beautiful. What's on the inside really shines out and that's what I loved about them. I loved Park's parent's as well! They were such a beautiful depiction of what love could be. And then on the other hand you had Eleanor's mother and stepfather, a sad image of disastrous love.

I felt so many emotions while reading this book. I gushed so many times over the moments they were experiencing. Rainbow Rowell used such descriptive language that i would get giggly when ever they held hands or looked at each other!! I have to be honest...this might be embarrassing but...I cried for the last 50 pages or so. And when I say cry, I mean I bawled. My boyfriend looked over and was like "are you serious? You have a puddle of tears on the table!" haha I just got so invested in the story, I couldn't help but feel all that they were feeling.

I was satisfied with the ending. I think it ended the way it needed too. It does leave you wondering what can come next but not in a cliffhanger kind of way. More of a leave it to the imagination way. Which is fine by me because I know exactly what comes next in my mind haha. Overall this book is simply amazing! There is no amount of words that I could use that would accurately describe how wonderful this book is. It will leave giggly, blushing, and breathless. I am looking forward to reading more books by Rainbow Rowell because right now she is pretty up there on my amazing list! :)

GO READ IT PLEASE! <3


 RATING:


No comments:

Post a Comment