Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Getting Started...Again

I have tried a couple times in the past to keep a blog, but it seems that every time it becomes more of a chore than a fun hobby. The reason? I keep trying to make a blog that everyone will like rather than making one that I myself can enjoy. What I mean is, there are so many amazing book bloggers out there that I constantly feel I have to keep up with them. This time around though, I am going to throw all that out the window! :) 

I have always loved reading and growing up it was such an important part of my life. I used to drive my mom crazy, she would buy me a book and the next day I'd be begging her for a new one because I had stayed up all night finishing the other one. The good thing was books was one of those things she rarely said no to. If I asked for a toy from the store or candy she might say no, but on most occasions I was guaranteed a book. I thank her greatly for that! <3 

I'm one of those people who will crack open a book and not close it until I am done. I get so sucked into the story that I can't possibly break away from it. I know plenty of people who will read a couple of pages before bed and then put it down, I've tried...never worked. Not to say I always can devour a book in one sitting, because sadly life as an adult means working, studying, and house hold chores. Not to mention a couple years back I was able to buy 5 to 10 books in one trip now most of my money goes towards bills and on occasions I treat myself, or my wonderful boyfriend does :)! Some girls get flowers, I get a hardback book haha but I am definitely not complaining! 

But anyways, enough about me, I am extremely excited to get this blog going!!!
I'll try to get some more posts up between tonight and tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment